Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Up for Air

It has been a crazy month of work, new friendships, neglecting the dog, dodging earthquakes...but I've had some absolute highlights so have 'tumbled' them here...
 I met this guy - helped put on all his 'gear', then went riding - I mean 'racing' around a track at high speed...with horses breathing down my neck as they justled past to get past to run the home straight.  Wild!  I overcame my fear of horses. What beautiful creatures. Like Giant Digbys.  'Maxi-me' Digbys.
 We visited Fouson - an Ilam institution that Al and I had not yet experienced. They make their own pastry and dumpling wrappers - have truly surly service, and the whole place smacks of confidence - and good fresh taste.  Highly recommended for speed eating.
I spent the 10th of the 10th of the 10th with my Mum to celebrate her birthday.  We spent breakfast with her friends at the Rossendale Cafe (check out some of their baking through the cabinet...)
 Then I took my mother to Terrace Downs for one of their incredible 90minute spa facials...and it started to snow en-route! Mid Spring.  The Japanese style garden welcomed us with snow laden (sp?) blossom.
 and when we got inside we were greeted with relaxing tea for us before the treatment.  Having a facial as the snow fell felt extra good!
 Diwali season is upon us - and this event is new to Christchurch. It was so special, as the Indian lights festival celebrates renewal - and it was the first public space event in Christchurch since the earthquake...and brought a beautiful sense of colour and happiness to the still slightly 'on edge' town.  Look at those Spring buds!




No comments:

Post a Comment