Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hi Sydney, I think we can be friends...

Last weekend I made perhaps my 5th trip to Sydney.  I've never had the 'connection' with the city that many talk about. But this time - I started to get it.  The plants, soft pallete of colour and ease were some highlights...
 So was the lobster and crab angel hair pasta entree at Beppe - an old Italian restaurant (as in started in the 60s), and grandpa is still waiting the tables...
 We ferried to Balmain, my friend's ex neighbourhood, and it was nice to see how the central suburbs live..
 ..with an ever present queue for the cult bakery in every suburb. I love it how Australians are so into their food, that they will always queue - and there appears so little pretention. They just know its good!
 This pineapple, lime and mint freshly squeezed juice was an unbelieveable starter to a maroccan breakfast...
 Lamb mince tagine with poached eggs anyone? So good...
 We headed for Darlinghurst for some wine bar time in the lanes, and came across some good scenes...

 But it was the ever-present jackaranda in bright blue bloom that has really stayed with me...so spectacular just for November...and I was there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment